Outstanding Dealers at Bernina University
Bernina of America Honors Outstanding Dealers at Bernina University
Aurora, Ill. – July 13, 2007 – During its recent Bernina University Dealer training conference, Bernina of America – one of the world’s largest and oldest sewing machine companies – recognized top Dealers nationwide with awards based on achievements in sales, service and customer education.
Jill and Henry Reicks, owners of Pine Needles Sewing Center, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, received the most prestigious Dealer award: the 2006 Bernina Presidential Award. This award is given to the Dealer who best exemplifies the sharing and giving attitudes so important to the Bernina brand image. It also recognizes an aggressive approach to promoting and advertising the entire Bernina product line; a modern store merchandising concept; a well-developed educational approach; dedication to total customer service, and above-average growth in dollar sales and Bernina units.
“Every year at Bernina University, we celebrate many Bernina Dealership success stories and the Bernina Presidential Award is our top honor. The Pine Needles Sewing Center has demonstrated truly outstanding sales and customer support…”
“Every year at Bernina University, we celebrate many Bernina Dealership success stories and the Bernina Presidential Award is our top honor. The Pine Needles Sewing Center has demonstrated truly outstanding sales and customer support,” said Martin Favre, president of Bernina of America. “Owners Jill and Henry Reicks serve as a model of success for other Bernina Dealers to emulate. Their outstanding sales efforts and first-class customer service exemplify the attitudes so important to the Bernina brand image.”
Bernina University is designed to support Dealers’ continuing education and facilitate information sharing needs. It also incorporates updates on new products and promotional programs, as well as information about business and Internet developments. This year’s Bernina University took place in Orlando, Fla., July 7 – 11, 2007, with more than 1,000 attendees.
In addition, Bernina single- and multiple-store Dealerships with the highest sales dollar volume during 2006 were honored. The 2006 Top Five Multi-Store Dealer Awards were presented to:
- Judy and John Curtis, It’s A Stitch – Bernina in Humble, Texas
- Rhonda Lopez, Nuttall’s Bernina Sewing Center in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Pam Smith, G. Street Fabrics in Rockville, Virginia
- Razzak Ebrahim, California Sewing and Vac in San Jose, California, and Bernina of Hawaii in Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jack Pierce, Atlanta Sewing Center in Atlanta, Georgia
The 2006 Top Five Single-Store Dealer Awards were given to:
- Ervin and Ella Mae Zimmerman, Hinkletown Sewing Center in Ephrata, Pennsylvania
- Richard and Rod Borget, Dave’s Bernina Sewing Center in Provo, Utah
- Allen and Mary Hoover, Hoover’s Bernina Sew in Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
- Timothy Hoover, Top Stitch Sewing Service in Barnett, Missouri
- Stacie Baumeister, Quiltworks Northwest in Bellevue, Washington
The 2006 Rookie of the Year Award was presented to Bernina Southwest, operated by Pamela Rasmussen, in Mesa, Arizona. This award recognizes the Dealer from the class of 2005 who best incorporated into their operation the lessons of the Bernina Dealer training program, as well as the achievements in 2006 sales volume, market share, dedication to providing a fully- and well-merchandised location, and strong customer service and educational support.
“The Bernina New Dealer Training program is designed to educate and motivate our newest members,” said Favre. “We are happy to recognize Pamela for all of the hard work and dedication she put into her Dealership to ensure her first year with Bernina was such a success.”
Bernina of America also announced 2006 District Dealer of the Year Award winners from the company’s 11 Districts. This award recognizes Dealers with positive sales momentum and an aggressive approach to promoting and advertising the entire Bernina product line; a modern and evolving store merchandising concept; and dedication to total customer service. Award winners included:
- Lou Ann and Nolen Hudson, Bernina Sewing, Etc. in Ridgeland, Mississippi
- Amy Henley, Material Girls Quilt Boutique in LaPlata, Maryland
- Jim and Cindy Meissner, Meissner Sewing Machine Co. in Sacramento, California
- Trent Von Behren, Quality Sew & Vac in Grand Island, Nebraska
- Doris Holzer, Bernina Sew. Machine Co. in Billings, Montana
- Julie and John Hale, Bits ‘n Pieces, LLC in Wayne, Michigan
- Drusilla and Mark Munnell, Sew Much Fun! Inc. in Gastonia, North Carolina
- Karen and Al Kuphal, Karen’s Quilt Corner in Rhinelander, Wisconsin
- Robert and Karen Roy, Blaine Sewing Machine Center in Cranston, Rhode Island
- Glenda and Troy Hulet, Sew What in Beaumont, Texas
- Robert and Jan Tibesar, Kara Tibesar, Jennifer Albaugh, Quiltique LLC in Henderson, Nevada
Founded in Switzerland more than 100 years ago, Bernina® is the world’s premier manufacturer of state-of-the-art sewing and embroidery systems, sergers and embroidery software sold in the United States through a network of approximately 500 fully trained Dealerships. The Bernina artista 730E sewing and embroidery system is a 2007 “Consumers Digest Best Buy.” During 2007, the company will commemorate the 75th anniversary (www.berninausa.com/75) of the first household sewing machine carrying the Bernina name. To learn more and to find a Dealer, visit www.berninausa.com or call 630-978-2500.